Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Interlude 22: Things i will/won't miss from the office

As it's my last day at work, I think (maybe just even for my own memories!) I should go over some things I´ll miss from the working day.


1) the morning SUBTE journey - WILL NOT MISS
My least favorite part of the day, squeezing into old, boiling hot trains and being squished around. On the plus side, it only costs 40p a day. On the super plus side, you get to watch the same video of all of messi's 2012/2013 goals on repeat all day, every day on the stations TVs (see below). It never gets old...



2) The daily office mate. WILL MISS
Yep, the traditional argentinian drink has become a personal favorite, shared between the whole office. The bitterness and the caffeine/antioxidants keep you awake, healthy and err, on the toilet. Problem is, if i try to import the tradition of 'strong herbs' back to the UK for 'sharing' in the office...well...i think you see where I'm going with that.


3)Football/banter:  WILL MISS

Back at the end of 2012, my departments 5 a side team made it all the way to the final (it's argentina, everyone plays) before losing out late on. It's been 6 months filled with banter and a great working atmosphere but also with kind people who go out their way to help. Either that, or insult you when you call their team rubbish. Which they all are. *dons tin hat for mountain of incoming office abuse*


4) Social. WILL DEFINITELY MISS
The amount of time we all go out as friends outside work was very foreign at the start, but it's great! Almost every weekend theres something big going on (although every so often its on friday so i can't go) - and being someone not used to seeing work people outside work in the UK, this is definitely something I'll miss.


                                   


Lets stop before I get to the work bit, shall we? It goes without saying that the main thing in my 6 months working has been learning the language, and I'm pleased to say I'm happy (if not a little worried i'll forget some of it), which seemed like a long way off at the start. I know they're all reading this, so I want to take this chance to thank Martin, Rocio, la Tucu, Bea, Sophie, Santi, Martincito, Bruno, Emanuel and pretty much everyone else in the office who has helped me out along the way. As such, I leave you with this as thanks:




No comments:

Post a Comment