Wednesday, May 29, 2013

The Last One

I've been back in London for 3 days now, and i sit here writing this final blog post in the midst of a messy room and in between one of many catch up lunches/coffees/dinners, with the cat roaming the room wondering who the hell i am.

To say its weird to be back is an understatements, all a bit sad! I was away for exactly 8 months, and they were 8 months of essentially seeing whether i could successfully start a new life all by myself. I remember before I left being apprehensive, but now i only look back on my time in Argentina (and travelling) with only good memories (well, apart from the amazon rebels bit).

So my advice to anyone going out there to live, or for anyone else going on a year abroad, is as follows: Its a great city, and i'm sure youll feel at home - but don't go with any expectations, because if you do you have nothing to compare your experiences against, you will make the best of things and end up having an amazing time.
Keep a blog - this whole catalogue of events and progress has been the one of the most important things i've done, because in a 5, 10, 20 years i'll be able to look back and relive the year. Sometimes, pictures arent enough (although take loads of those too).

In some ways it feels like i'd never left, and sometimes wake up wondering where I am - weird to think that just two months ago I was still working in the BA office. Maybe i'll just chalk it down to jetlag.

Its been a pleasure - and thanks for reading (if you had't i would probably have given up half way!).

Much love,

Joe

                                  


No comments:

Post a Comment