Sunday, December 30, 2012

Episode 17: Hand gestures

As promised, here are my top 5 Argentinian hand signals as displayed by...err...me:








"¿Que te pasa?"
What I thought it meant: A la Jerry Maguire - Show me the money!!
What it actually means: Whats wrong with you?!














"No me hinches las pelotas"

What I thought it meant: Give me a hand carrying this huge imaginary barrel, Donkey Kong style.
What it actually means: Stop being so annoying















"Posta"

What I thought it meant: ooohhhhh yaaassss (you know, like Churchill...)
What it actually means: yeah seriously! (with a sort of smug smile - e.g. is that burger the best thing on the menu? "yeah it really is")











"Ni idea"

What I thought it meant: You're such an idiot...
What it actually means: Not a clue, mate.















"Ojo"

what I thought it meant: Do i have an eyelash? I can't see it but it sort of feels like I do...
What it actually means: Careful/ look out













1 comment:

  1. hahaha awesome!!

    No me hinches las pelotas - thats gotta mean something like: "Don't bust my balls / my chops"

    Awesome man!

    ReplyDelete